After trying many, many products from CVS, Sephora, and plenty of different beauty stores, I have finally settled with 5 products that have become my absolute essentials but are still very affordable.
1. Colossal Volume Express ($7) by Maybelline in Glam Black. Making my eyes pop is very important to me and I absolutely love the dramatic look of big, dark lashes. This mascara and the large brush multiply and lengthen without the clumping, getting that intense look of beautiful, full, look at me lashes.
2. Rosebud ($6) or Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm with SPF 25 ($7.50) . Keeping those lips soft and hydrated is very important ladies. You never know when a man might come around. I always have to have lip balm on me and these two are my absolute favorites. They are super hydrating and don’t make your lips dependent on them like Chapstick does. For the summer, I recommend using Jack Black Intense Therapy because it has a high SPF that will keep your lips from getting sun burnt.
3. Neutrogena Skin Clearing Mineral Powder ($12). This is the only type of makeup I ever use on my face. If I have a blemish, it works perfectly as a concealer plus has acne medicine to clear skin. If I’m having a good skin day, I still use a brush to swoop it on just to even out my skin tone.
4. Moroccan Oil ($15). I am no stranger when it comes to the flat iron. This nourishing oil has saved my hair and keeps it soft and healthy. I know $15 may seem like a lot for such a small bottle but all you need is a dime size every time you use it and the miracle work it does for your hair makes it totally worth it.
5. In A Snap Top Coat by Orly ($7). I love painting my nails and having them always look freshly polished, making a good top coat an absolute must. This top coat is by far my favorite. It dries very fast, keeps my nails super shiny, and won’t chip for a long while.
Do YOU have any favorite, affordable essentials?